June 7, 2010

Long Time No See

Hello again, everyone. It's been a while.

Just wanted to assemble a brief blog today just to let you guys know that I'm still here and haven't given up on this or anything. Here's what's been going on lately...in no particular order.

It was Memorial Day Weekend....family was in town. Nieces and nephews were in town. Sisters and their significant others were in town. David did some delicious barbecuing. We drank too much and ended up singing songs (well...I think that may have just been me and David. I don't remember. It was fun, though). Good family holiday get-together fun. I'm not ever going to interrupt family holiday get-together fun to write a blog...I don't care what that blog may be about. It's not as important as family time.

So...before the Memorial Day festivities began and my family got here, I spent that Friday evening/Saturday watching Lost Season 4. Then after everyone left...Lost Season 5. I'm nursing my enormous crush on Jeremy Davies...

Ok, I know...I know. He's totally not my type (except that he usually has facial hair). I like giant, scruffy, viking-esque dudes who look like they can burp the alphabet and would kick your ass if you said something bad about Lemmy. Those are my typical crushes. It's my general rule of the swoon. Techno Viking = Hawt. Zakk Wylde = Hawt. Russell Crowe circa Mystery, Alaska = Hawt. I can't help myself. It's not something I can control. If I could, I would.

Which is why my crush on Jeremy Davies baffles me tremendously. I don't know why it exists or how it developed, but every single time I see him in a movie...I want to make him some rice and gravy and give him a big hug. But...like...in a crushy way. Weird, right? I know!

Even though he always plays the totally UNsexy, quiet weirdo character....it's ALWAYS there for me. I ALWAYS would. Even in Saving Private Ryan, where he is such a horrible coward...I'd still. I'd still. Even in Secretary with that bad, bad sex scene (THE HAND!)....I'd still. Even in Rescue Dawn where he's immaciated and horrifying looking...I'd fry him some chicken, make him a milkshake, and I'd still. Like, when I saw him in Helter Skelter, which was AWFUL...I totally got the appeal of how so many people fell under Charlie Manson's charismatic spell. ...oh, and I'd still.

So anyway, I'm finishing up Season 5 of Lost tonight. His character, Daniel Faraday, is totally about to croak. I can tell. Which will not make me a happy camper. And, at this point in time....not making me a happy camper = me throwing something through a car window, howling at the moon and running into the forest to be with the other crazy night beasts.

I quit smoking (in case you couldn't tell). It's the third day today. My second attempt at quitting ever. So like...Volume 2, Issue 3. Last time I was living with my friends, and I remember laying on their couch in the fetal position for an entire day while crying and eating a half gallon of ice cream. This time, I want to tear your face off and throw it at passing motorists. I want to yell at people. I want to spin around like the Tazmanian Devil and wreak havoc everywhere I go. I want to rip my hair out and set it on fire, then chew my arms off and throw them in that fire as well. I want to destroy priceless items. I want to make people cry. I want to piss in someone's cheerios. I want to run outside, smear dirt on my face, and scream at old people. My skin is crawling. I want a cigarette so badly...so so so badly. But I won't. So yeah...day 3. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be...hahaha.

Everyone wish me luck as I continue my journey of nicotine withdrawals into even darker crazier wacko craziness. Yaaaaaay. I'll try to collect my thoughts tomorrow to get a blog out for you guys. In the meantime, stay gold. ....mmm....Camel Turkish Gold......NO!

2 comments:

  1. My brother's friend was a pack-a-day smoker for 10 years and he quit with the help of an e-cigarette. It's basically an electric burner shaped like a cig that burns flavored vapor. A pacifier and placebo of sorts. I'm thinking of getting Mom one for her birthday. Might be worth checking into.

    Also, as Faraday goes, he is a charming nerd and I loved him on the show. Your inkling is (spoiler alert) totally right, but the WAY it happens is totally worth it. Rad, rad stuff man. Let's discuss once you've finished season 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good god, child. those men are not attractive. but you know, i normally go for the emaciated femme boy, so i have no idea why i like nick, lol

    ReplyDelete